Translate

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Is your grace account open or closed???

Holy Treasure...a friend from St. Anthony's says that grace builds on nature. I have always assumed that it means that it builds on me...on my soul. But I've also heard that grace builds on grace. Again, I assume that that means that the grace I have...from the Sacraments, (mostly), prayer and good works keep adding up...like a bank account is supposed to. That's my limited understanding about grace. Other than the Blessed Virgin Mary was full of grace. Again, it sounds to me that she did not or could not use any more. Wow! Just imagine.

On the other hand, grace is like a bank account in the other way also. You can withdraw grace. How? Sin. Ugh. Not an easy thing to think about. As a matter of fact sin can easily close the account if it is mortal or grave sin. Then we lose the very life of God in us.

The Benedictine Monks have the very best motto (and answer) in my book...pray and work...as a focus. It seems that those are the ingredients that can help us keep our grace account open. Not easy as pie though!

Joan from St. Martha's.

No comments: